I don’t remember where I put my photos
of this trip, but this picture I found online
is how I remember my appearance.
- Taking that slooooooow night train with the sticky Naugahyde brown seats to Florence. The dang thing kept stopping so you couldn’t stay asleep. I love night trains, but not when they stop.
- Being in a haze at the museum in Florence because we were so sleepy, then taking a nap on one of the benches and being late to meet you at the exit of the museum—but I guess you fell asleep, too, because it all seemed to work out.
- Sharing a single room in Rome to save money.
- Visiting our relatives in Montecatini. We went to Montecatini Alto, and I thought that would be a nice place for a wedding.
- Walking around Milan together. I always picture streets from there whenever I read about furniture designers in Milan (why do I read about that? I don’t know...guess it comes up in magazines or something).
- Somebody at some point thinking we were romantically linked. Oh, those Italians.