- To visit Positano and Napoli is to renew, to some degree, one’s faith in human nature. The roads on the Amalfi
- Even cattle in Italy experience la dolce vita. We visited a farm with bufala italiana (water buffalo),
Bufala massages -- on demand.
- On the recommendation of our guide, most people in our tour group used our free day in Positano to take a boat to the larger city of Amalfi, a city packed with tour buses and tourists. Other than being larger than Positano, it is situated similarly on the same coastline, so it has the
View from Nocelle
- In Sorrento, most of our tour group took the boat to Capri, and we would have gone as well had we not been
Lucy wades in the Mare Tirreno in Sorrento.
- Napoli was the final city in the tour, and we had received enough warnings about pickpockets and trash that everyone in our group approached it with various degrees of caution, trepidation even outright fear—most of which had disappeared by the end of our two days. After having been warned repeatedly not to carry purses and bags draped over a single shoulder, I saw many local women who ignored this precaution without any problems occurring. I’m sure there are still some neighborhoods where extra caution is needed, but we felt very safe in the main streets in the city center. We also found the food to be outstanding and yet inexpensive, the streets and train station to be relatively clean, and the Napolitani very proud of their city. We would not hesitate to return.