Saturday, February 19, 2011

The little train experiment

Thursday, February 17
It seems that every train trip we take, we have a different controllore, train conductor. After my morning experience with the gung-ho controllore who explained all about tickets for bicycles, followed by the afternoon controllore who didn't even want to see my bike tickets, I have decided to do a little experiment. Whenever a controllore comes through asking to see biglietti, I will show my regular ticket but won't show my bike ticket unless specifically asked. So far not one has asked.
Of course we only get asked to show our regular ticket maybe once every five trips, probably because we are only on the train for 20 minutes. The train goes between Lucca and Firenze, which takes about an hour and a half, so they might check tickets only during the middle of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome.