Saturday, June 19, 2021

Simecom lawyer says company will abandon ID fraud case!

It wasn’t wordy or dramatic, and it contained no explanations or apologies, but it covered the most essential item. Here is the latest letter from Simecom’s legal representative.

Egregio Sig. Spadoni,

Le confermo che Simecom abbandonerĂ  la causa senza pignorare il conto corrente.

Cordiali saluti

Google translate:

Dear Mr. Spadoni,

I confirm that Simecom will abandon the case without foreclosing the current account.
Sincerely
Dott.ssa Ginevra Mizrahil

I sent a note of thanks to attorney Mizrahil and financial officer Federico Bonaventura. I will probably never know if my carefully crafted letters to Dottoressa Mizrahil helped turn the tide. It could have simply been the cold, hard facts of Rob’s forensic report.


But I like to think that my appeal to her compassion and humanity had some small effect. Thinking about this, I decided after the fact to Google her and find a photo. I also found an inspiring “Thought for the day” she posted on LinkedIn. I feel that even though the job of a lawyer is to make or save money for their clients, lawyers can also reflect on their responsibility to humankind to do what is right regardless of the financial interests of the client company.  I would rather think that Dottoressa Mizahil did not drop the case solely for financial reasons (or my hint that she and Simecom would become the villains in my blog and next book), and that she is heroic for listening to me and agreeing to drop the case.
Many managers feel they have fulfilled their
duty by providing a salary. But that's not
enough if you want stimulated and productive
collaborators: You also need to make them
feel appreciated.

All that remains is to confirm with my bank that the proper actions have been taken to truly free the restraints on my account, and then to find out if my utility bills are being paid again.

I hope that Simecom can track down the imposter, though he is probably long gone. The contract was signed in 2017. I have little doubt that I will have to battle this slippery guy again in the future.

So there will be no unplanned trip to Lucca in July to defend myself, and no all-expenses paid trip for my forensics expert. But when Lucy and I go to Montecarlo again in September (and Rob next May), it will be purely for pleasure.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed your book very much. It was great fun to read about both Gig Harbor [like you I have a long family history in GH]and Italy. Italy is now a must-do. Hope you get your identity troubles sorted permanently. Regards. Jill Johnson

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome.